How to Make Your Yard a Tropical Oasis
Do you fantasize about walking into your backyard and instantly feeling like you’re in a tropical oasis? Who doesn’t! After all, people are spending more time living and working out of their homes than ever, so it makes sense to want to feel like you’re on vacation without ever stepping out your front door. Thankfully, there are numerous ways that you can cultivate this tropical vacation look and feel in your own yard:
Add Lush Greenery
No backyard oasis would be complete without lush, large, leafy plants. Consider going to your local garden center to find the perfect greenery to suit your tropical aesthetic. There are several foolproof plants that would be ideal, including:
- Japanese fiber banana –This plant has long, broad, leafy foliage that provides a dramatic tropical flair.
- Hardy sugar cane – This green-gray plant adds vertical dimension to a tropical backyard.
- Angel’s trumpet – These huge trumpet-shaped flowers come in a variety of vibrant colors and make a jaw-dropping statement.
- Elephant’s ear – Elephant’s ear has massive elephant ear-shaped leaves that can grow up to 2 feet wide and 3 feet long.
- Palm trees – There are so many different kinds of palm trees to choose from—Chinese windmill, date palm, blue palm, etc.—so be sure to choose one that will work well in your climate conditions.
- Hardy hibiscus – These breathtaking flowers will add a dreamy topical look to your yard from July to September.
Add Comfy Furniture
In order to reap the most relaxing benefits from having a tropical backyard oasis, it is important to have comfortable furniture. Consider options like hammocks and tree swings, outdoor furniture with accent pillows and cushions in bright colors, and tables for setting down books, beverages, and snacks.
Install Soft Lighting
String lights and Tiki torches will help instantly enhance the ambiance and set the mood in your tropical oasis.
Invest in Outdoor Shade Structures
Perhaps the single most important way that you can enjoy a tropical backyard oasis is by having shade structures installed. Patio covers, pergolas, garden arbors, and gazebos are just a few of the structures that will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors without dealing with elements like harsh UV rays and rain. They’ll also provide stunning visual interest and a place for your friends and family to gather.
Turn to Pacific Patio
If you want to invest in the finest quality backyard shade structures for your tropical oasis, turn to Pacific Patio. We are a leading outdoor living specialist that offers patio covers, pergolas, and other products by TEMO. This renowned brand is known for making exceptionally durable, weather resistant structures that provide decades of use and beauty. Our highly knowledgeable and experienced professionals will help you navigate our selection so that you make the best choice for your home, taste, and budget. We will then ensure that our own—never subcontracted—team of technicians will perform your installation flawlessly, and we will back your product with a lifetime warranty for your total peace of mind. Contact us today to learn more, and to schedule your initial consultation.